Tuesday 4 December 2012

Ciate Advent Day 4

Day 4 of the Ciate advent calendar, and OMG CAVIAR!



This little baby is called Prom Queen, and it's a cult Ciate product. I'm sure you will have heard of these: micro-beads that you pour over a wet base coat to create this unusual textured 'Caviar' manicure. Personally, I've always thought caviar polishes were a bit of a gimmick simply because the micro-beads aren't exactly micro. The end result appears quite chunky, but then again, I've never tried this technique myself.


Prom Queen is a mixture of navy, pink and gold beads, and I was also surprised to find large hexagon  flecks of glitter in the mixture. Very pretty!


I am really curious to try out this polish; I'm glad I have the chance to play with the mini bottle, I doubt I would have splurged the £18 for the set just to see if I like the idea. 


The bottle for this doesn't have a bow. I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment